Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Random.
      Participant

I feel so broken and angry and ashamed.
      I didnt put in a formal complaint and I should have. It won’t stop now he will just get stronger and I will still live in this hell and feel so weak. So sorry to vent I’m just completely at a loss. Why do we have to suffer every day when they just brush themselves off, probably laugh and carry on abusing because they can. It’s sickening.

KIP.
      Participant

You can appeal the decision and add your evidence now. Speak to victim support. You have a right to appeal x

Random.
      Participant

It doesn’t seem worth it, I don’t think I have the fight left in me anymore.
      I doubt they would even take any of it into consideration.
      (detail removed by moderator)
      I just don’t see how I would even be looked at now if I did that, they would just look at me as if I’m an idiot & a time waster.
      I know he will be so happy when he learns nothings going to happen to him.
      Whereas I feel so angry and just sick to my stomach, which I know sounds awful towards him.
      I just feel completely hopeless now.

KIP.
      Participant

They’re giving you the chance to make statements and help them to prosecute him. I know that if I hadn’t done everything I would have regretted it. This is your chance, don’t look for an excuse not to do it. You have nothing to lose. The very reasons you’re explaining are the reasons I made those statements. The though of him punching the air, making out he was the victim in all this. That’s what made me do it and he was convicted and that wiped the smug smile right off his smug face x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

13 people have been convicted in Scotland under the new law which outlaws coercive control and psychological abuse with more cases pending. Don’t give up

fizzylem
      Participant

Take a break, recharge, sleep on it. You dont have to decide now this minute whether you want to continue. You are not in the best place to decide atm, you’re tired, feel let down, feel disappointed. I imagine you were really hoping someone would take this up for you – so knowing you need to do some more work feels too much right now. Give yourself a break from it and come back to it when you feel ready – as chances are once the dust has settled you will feel differently again and be ready to pick up the fight x

Random.
      Participant

Thank you so much for all of your comments and advice. It’s just so hard when you’re still living with that person and he has made me lie to   hospitals, police etc to or keep mute about what’s happened throughout the investigations. When they said it was going to victimless prosecution I stupidly thought he may get some form of punishment for actions that have been, degrading to where hes thrown past sexual abuse by someone else back in my face, when hes also been the one to violentally rip my clothes off me and tell me I deserve to be raped on numerous occasions either before a beating or after. He’s been violent in such horrid ways & mentally abusive too but tries to make out I’m the one being mentally abusive, which is so much worse so I believe it and end up apologising to him?!?! I’m just so far gone & feeling so depressed, not sleeping, barely eating & going into full on recluse mode. I’ve already told him I don’t trust he’ll change & that I want to leave. Now he’s being nice & it’s just so confusing. I just want things to be over I don’t know who I am anymore.
      You’re right fizzylem I had hoped someone would just take this out of my hands it’s so overwhelming to think about the next stage it’s almost unbearable xx

KIP.
      Participant

They will take it out of your hands but you need to do that bit extra to hand it over to them. Find that strength from somewhere just to do that final act and make that statement. Get yourself off the roundabout of abuse x the niceness is only temporary. Once the time limits are up for you to report and he feels he’s free and clear, the real nasty him will show up again and it will be worse than ever because you will be punished for standing up to him. You won’t see it coming so please take that stand now and save yourself a lot of pain. Make that statement x

Whosthatgirl
      Participant

Please just do as Kip suggests. I promise once you are away from him, the strength will come back to you faster than you think. You are strong to have survived so you can definitely do it. I let myself take his nonsense for (detail removed by moderator) years and i will never get them back but the sense of freedom and relief is amazing, even with the bad days and lies I’ve had to listen to. Everything you need to do this it’s out there if you look for it and demand it. i promise x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content