Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ultimatelyStrong
      Participant

Does anyone have previous experience with the cica? I put in my claim a couple of months ago and I received in the post a form for me to take to my gp for them to fill in. The cover letter says they have looked at the police report and now want a gp report. Is this a good sign do you think? I am thinking that if the police report wasn’t good enough they wouldn’t bother asking for the gp report?

Anyone have any insight?

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi,

CICA look at all the evidence and proof of injury before making a decision and awarding an amount of compensation. Not all prosecutions need a medical report to get a conviction. Some convictions for common assault and battery, or actual bodily harm will suffice on photographs of injuries for cuts or bruising. However, more serious injuries that are internal will need medical proof, so for example, fractured jaw, fractured cheekbone, teeth knocked out, will need a medical professional report for the court case.

Often a lady will make a statement to the Police about an injury that can be photographed by the Police because it is clearly obvious, and she may say in the statement that she visited her GP or A&E department about it. So if CICA get the Police statement they will then follow up on that and contact the GP or A&E department to confirm she is telling the truth and did seek the medical help/advice. They may obtain X-Rays or scan reports, the more serious the injury the higher the compensation award. The more evidence CICA can obtain that ties in with the application for compensation, the more an award of compensation is likely to be made.

They are just following procedure, dotting the “i’s” and crossing the “t’s”. Fingers crossed you get awarded something for your pain and trauma.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content