Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunshineee
      Participant

I feel at crisis point with my mental and emotional health what do I do. Iv tried self care, speaking to police/Idas/family/counselling/friends/ nothing helps nothing works. I waited ages on a counselling waiting list to only be taken off as I was treat so badly I didn’t feel in a position to receive support from them. I feel a burden to all these people Iv tried to reach out and speak to. What really can I do now? X

Wishing
      Participant

It’s probably no help but I’m in a similar situation. I’ve been told I can’t have couselling due to pending court case. I don’t know what to do anymore. I feel exactly as you do right now, a burden. I feel like I’m dealing with it all on my own. If it’s any comfort at all. You’re not alone going through this. I hope someone can give you some answers and help you. X

KIP.
      Participant

Wishing, I was denied therapy too because of the court case but this is not true. You can have counselling without interfering with court. There are many therapies around coping with the symptoms of trauma and dealing with the anxiety without ever talking about court. Please go back and explain this because now is when you need therapy and it set me back years having to deal with police courts trauma PTSD without therapy. I know now how important it is to deal with what’s going on.

Sunshineee
      Participant

I’m so sorry you have been denied the help you need Wishing, but that doesn’t ring true to me? I wasn’t denied counselling due to a pending court case I was encourage to try counselling it’s just unfortunate I had a bad experience and won’t be receiving that help. I think we get to a stage where we feel as though we have tried everything and now feel like there’s no where to turn and it’s a very unsettling feeling, almost like a stage of panic which is where I’m at now x

KIP.
      Participant

Surviving survival is hard sunshineee. There is lots of different counselling available and I had to pay privately at one point. It might just be you’re not far enough to along the recovery road to tackle counselling. Time is a great healer and you won’t always feel this way. Have you tried mindfulness and meditation. You’re not a burden but I remember too feeling that way. Have you been diagnosed with PTSD because that really messes with your head too, I was paranoid for a long time. Keep posting and be patient and kind to yourself meantime x

Sunshineee
      Participant

I really felt ready for the counselling but it’s a shame it didn’t work out and now I’m put off ever trying it again. I’m not all that keen on mindfulness but I might try some meditation I was also thinking some yoga or joining a Zumba class! I went to my GP regarding PTSD a few weeks ago and they said it definitely seems as though I have this however I have to be diagnosed by a professional so that’s what I’m waiting for x

KIP.
      Participant

I think anything that gets you out and gives you relief from the brain chatter and painful thoughts is great. It buildS confidence. Don’t be put off forever for counselling. There are some wonderful ones out there.i found a local charity that offers free counselling and it has moved me on leaps and bounds. I had a truly bad experience a few years ago and it put me off so I know how you feel. The counsellor told me to talk to my husband about separating. Well you can guess what happened and it wasn’t good. So you need one that’s domestic abuse trained and I couldn’t find one on the NHS. I do yoga once a week and it’s good at lowering the anxiety. I tried tai chi and body balance. Anything that gets you out as we often self isolate as a way to protect ourselves I think. So it’s good you’re even contemplating doing a class. Well done x small steps x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content