Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      SilkyHalide
      Participant

I’ve been advised no contact with teens will make them contact me and rethink.
      I keep starting this but feels like I’m proving his lies that I don’t care/love them.
      Don’t know if I’m making it worse either way.

SilkyHalide
      Participant

If I try to communicate I get rejected anyway

godschild
      Participant

Thats a tough one for a Mom, but if they are rejecting you and being negative , you should not have to put up with that. I would try not to care about his lies, because whatever yo do you will be wrong in his eyes.
      What about sending them one final text and say that you feel they are very negative towards you etc and that is not respectful to you as a Mom and that that they know where you are when they are ready to treat you with respect and care you love them very much to get in touch with you, until such times you will not be making contact.
      How do the funeral go, did he or they cause any issues x

SilkyHalide
      Participant

Thank you for your reply godschild
      I did write to them along those lines a few days before the funeral. Not saying no contact but saying up to them to come to me when ready.
      Re:Funeral
      They threw all my plans out the window last min. and he took them straight there. It went ok otherwise.

SilkyHalide
      Participant

Maybe I am a bad mum I’m a bit scared of them coming back now esp. As I’m off work and very low.

SilkyHalide
      Participant

Not a strong example

Ayanna
      Participant

You will get stronger again. After what you have been through it is normal to break down. Try to be good to yourself. Do not think of anyone but yourself. I know, for a mum it is almost impossible not to think of the kids.
      Get out of the house, go to free exhibitions, distract yourself.
      You know that you have not done anything wrong. x*x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content