Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tiffany
      Participant

Took on a task I have been avoiding for over a year now, and deleted all documents relating to my ex from my computer (and a lot of other junk too). Not evidence, just general c**p from him using my computer. TV shows, job applications, and everything to do with wedding planning. I feel really good. Just photos to go and he didn’t like me taking photos of him (incase I put them on social media, as that would make it harder for him to cheat on me I suspect). There should be loads of nice photos too. I am going to reward myself for sorting it by printing off my favourites from trips without him.

White Rose
      Participant

Well done – I bet the computer runs more efficiently now too.
      I love going through my happy photos. As I had to buy a laptop when I left mine is “clean” of him apart from all my well locked away evidence. Might copy you and do some browsing and printing of photos this weekend. Might even buy a new photo frame too x

Tiffany
      Participant

I did the same. Wouldn’t have trusted my laptop after I left, but I got someone who knew about computers to copy all the documents and photos onto an old harddrive for me. Which I haven’t touched since I left for fear of triggers. Feels so good to have done it now though, especially as it means I have access to all my old photos.

Ayanna
      Participant

I still have all the photos and his stuff on my computer.
      I do not know why I cannot delete them.
      For the divorce I had to give evidence and I used some of the photos. I chose the ones where he looked ridiculous and unfavourable and provided them for the judge. I had to send the same information to him.
      I know that he hated those photos as he is very self-conscious. Just remembering that I did that makes me chuckle.

Tiffany
      Participant

I deleted most of the photos yesterday. I’m still feeling triggered by it. And I still have the big group shots to think about, but most of it is gone. Hundred of photos. Way more than I expected. I am still waiting for the weight off my shoulders feeling. Hopefully it will come. Right now I just feel anxious and a little bit sick.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content