Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Ignore there gut feelings? Xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes 💯 I didn’t acknowledge my intuition I’ve had it since birth but didn’t recognise it for was it was, I was gonna put yes in block capitals but we aren’t allowed in case it comes across as shouting, but I suspect a lot of us on here are what’s known as empaths/hsp’s and our nature is used against us by abusers and our prana/chi/auric field is systematically drained by then to keep us vulnerable and attached to them = abusers/narcs/dark triads/high Mach’s? ? ? 💝🕊💝

nbumblebee
      Participant

All day every day even now.

Kitkat44
      Participant

Yep, sat here wrestling with it now. I can’t sleep next to him so I keep sleeping on the sofa. I’m so unhappy but can’t find the courage to go.
      Xx

Eyesopening
      Participant

I feel like there is so much more to it though. Its so difficult to follow your gut when there is trauma bonding going on.
      Once my ex discarded me, i was apart from
      Him for 8 months and felt terrible the whole time, huge anxiety and depression. I thought that meant my body was telling me how happy he made me. That he was a good thing in my life.
      We are up against so much. Our gut kind of gets too quiet under all the noise of trauma bond and cognitive dissonance..
      I didn’t feel like i was following my gut when i left, my body screamed to go back to him. I had to follow my head, the facts. And perhaps my gut had something to play in it but I couldn’t tell. But I couldn’t trust my feelings, i knew that.
      X*x

Lifebegins
      Participant

Yes right from pretty much the start of the relationship. I thought I could fix him (with all his poor me sob stories). Should’ve ran for the hills… but we live and learn xx

Watersprite
      Participant

Yes – this is weird but he smelt wrong to me right from the beginning. I ignored it. I ignored the little red flags. I minimised the abuse. It got worse. I justified it. I thought it was my fault. My kids have been through absolute hell. He is a monster. I blame myself for that still. Today it hurts like the worst pain ever. But I got them out eventually with lots of support from services. I stayed too long. Now we are safe and they are amazing.

Stargazing1
      Participant

Yes I have and still am ignoring my gut feeling.

Wakemeup
      Participant

Yes from very early in there were red flags and my sister and son didn’t like him from the start! Intuition is never wrong it’s spirit trying to tell you!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content