Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mellow
      Blocked

The realisation is so strong to the point I’ve become confrontational I’m finding it hard not to.even small lies are coming up but the worse thing is he will say events didn’t happen like (detail removed by Moderator) to cover up his actions of him mistreating me. Also when things are said and I relay them back he says he never said that and call me a liar I’ve always seen myself as very honest person as my parents always told me lying is not good the worst thing is these lies are only just popping up now I’m wondering what else has he lied about right down to these women he talks to

Bananaboat
      Participant

A lot of what you describe there is gaslighting, telling you something happened when it didn’t or vice versa. Secondly lying is second nature to them. Even when mine didn’t need to cover anything up he’d still lie, I’m no expert but I wonder if it’s part of the ‘having something over us/I’m better than you’ part. He used to find it funny when I said I could tell when he was lying, like it was a game. Try not to engage unless you have to. x

KIP.
      Participant

Lying is the core of the abuser. You can bet just about everything he ever told you is a lie. Keep a journal for you own sanity and you will see his lies. It’s also called gaslighting and it will make you feel crazy. As good decent honest people, we expect the same from others especially our partners but you can forget that theory. Abusers do not behave the same way as us. They completely lack honesty, loyalty, empathy and sympathy. Selfish, self centred liars. Don’t believe a word he says. Cheating is also very common. Just shows the depth of feelings and bonding they have towards us…… none. And they will throw us under the bus easily.

Bananaboat
        Participant

So true! Even something daft like the alcohol he used to drink was a lie. He started this spirit because I drank it then had to be better than me by knowing every type, and he’s not touched it since.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content