Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Goldengirl
      Participant

Does anyone know if we can ask for a different cafcass officer? (detail removed by moderator)

I was brave enough to complain to Cafcass and I spoke to the national complaints officer.
      What happened (and I don’t mean to frighten anyone but it really happened…) was that
      after several years of being careful not to let my ex have my postal address, one day I opened a cafcass letter and found a letter addressed to my ex.

I realised with horror that the admin person had put the letter intended for me into the envelope addressed to my ex. So he had my postal address as they had given it to them. They ended up putting a legal arrangement in place to say if my ex ever turned up at my door he would lose contact.

I complained about this and about the Cafcass officer as the visit I had it seemed obvious that she had not looked at my child’s file and did not even know which school my child attended. She also arrived late.

It was a very scary thing to do to complain, but I did it.

They have a complaints procedure.
      If you think anything is drastically wrong then I would complain.
      Weight it up.
      Good luck
      ftc

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content