Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      LittleRedRidingHood
      Participant

Hi lovely ladies. I have replied to a couple of posts with my own situation but I have an additional complication. I have been married for a very long time, my husband is very set in his ways. We both have very demanding jobs and have no financial worries. I am treated no better than a maid, he has outbursts of verbal insults and he has been violent a few times. I am not allowed to argue as he shuts me down. I recently started a new job and got very friendly with a woman who lived with an alcoholic for years and even left him, she told me what my husband was doing was no ok. At the same time a very good looking guy also from the same office started pursuing me, we have gone out as friends but nothing has happened, But I am starting to develop feelings for this guy. I don’t know what to do..

Escapee
      Participant

Hi,

I’d advise not complicating your life. Deal with one situation at a time.

Like you, I was with my husband a long time, so I know it’s hard to come to terms with the abuse. And it is abuse.

If you embark on an affair you could be putting yourself in an awful situation where he becomes more violent and abusive; plus you’ll end up looking like the bad guy.

Talk to WA about your options, get your ducks in a row and then leave (or get him to leave). Then once you’re over this, then think about the other man.

All that will happen if you get involved with this delicious temptation is a lot of hurt all around and you’ll probably be the one that comes of worse.

Sorry if this sounds like no fun but your safety and long term happiness is way more important.

LittleRedRidingHood
      Participant

Thank you Escapee. I know you are right and I know I am playing with fire, but for the firs time in years I have been told i am sexy and attractive and it’s very addictive!

Escapee
      Participant

And hold on to that feeling 😁
      Because you are all those things and more!
      It’s just that you’re with an idiot of a man that doesn’t treat you like the amazing woman that you are.

Go grab your life back and embrace the gloriousness of you!! X*x

Camel
      Participant

Hi Riding Hood

What kind of guy hits on the new woman in the office? In fact, what kind of guy hits on any woman in the office, new or not? I’m assuming that he knows you’re married?

While it’s great that this man has reminded you what it is to feel sexy and desirable again, don’t you think he’s a bit full on? He’s actively pursuing you with an agenda that obviously means sex. Nothing wrong with that, you’re both adults. But ask yourself if a (one-off?) tumble in the sheets is all you’re hoping for. If your job is an escape from your home life, do you really want to risk the drama?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content