Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      abusedtoy
      Participant

I’m currently on disability, too mentally disabled that I’m home bound most of the time, with lack of relationships and friendships, due to my deep seated mistrust, as directly birthed out of very extensive traumas and, cannot attend university, due to being intellectually disabled by my abusers. I’m in a mess right now, as though there’s no hope. I’m coping with RA flashbacks still, which froze me into my traumatised position day in and out.

KIP.
      Participant

Hello and welcome to the forum, I hope you will gain help and strength from other victims and survivors who have made progress on recovery from such horrific abuse. I was too mentally disable for decades to work as my abuse was constant. You can best this by taking it slowly and believing you’re not alone and recovery is possible with help and support.

goldieo1
      Participant

Left ex partner after ten years due to domestic abuse controlling behavour tbh cause he started it,now I’m finishing it!

lover of no contact
      Participant

Welcome to the Forum. All is not lost despite you being on the receiving end of such evil(abuse). Keep reading the posts on here and getting support. Have you rang Women’s Aid as they could offer additional support. You have survived this horrific ordeal, not everyone does. You will start to heal and you will feel stronger. You are a good person and you were powerless over your abusers horrible abusive behaviour but you have the power to heal from it and not let it define your future.

Just hang in in there and believe us when we say there is hope that you will start to feel better. Just keep things very simple and keep posting your thoughts and feelings. This is a safe space to get your feelings out. Just take it One Day at a Time; (or even one hour at a time);this helps me when I’m feeling awful.

abusedtoy
        Participant

I’m not in UK but AU. Help from woman said directly sounds good. Not sure what they offer?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content