Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Cecile
      Participant

hi there is a delay to my divorce can’t apply for decree Nisi I have been told due to a delay by the court!
      has anyone else experienced this? Needless to say I am living with a n**********c abuser who is making my life hell while this drags on. I considered paying to proceed regardless but should I do this if it caused by the court? (I have seen the solicitors written account about the delay so its not lies from him)

KIP.
      Participant

Ring the court and ask. I’d be more concerned about getting away from him than a piece of paper unless you need the the Nisi to progress with something legal?

Cecile
      Participant

Yes the finances and stuff are tied up with divorce as I have no access to any of the money which he keeps from me.

KIP.
      Participant

Has your solicitor threatened court with a financial order for him to hand over maintenance until the final divorce? Or why isn’t she taking him to court to get him to hand it over?

Cecile
      Participant

No. She is not suggesting that.

snowbunting
      Participant

Hello, I understand there are long delays in the courts currently but also should you have your financial side agreed before applying for the NISI, as this has been the advice from my solicitor. I understand its much harder to have the financial side agreed after the divorce. If you are the petitioner than you are in control of when the NISI is applied for but once you have that so does your ex and he can then apply for an absolute before the financial side is formalised.

Cecile
      Participant

Oh snow bunting that makes sense! Load off my mind. Thanks! I will clarify it with the solicitor tomorrow as I had assumed the DN could go ahead separately.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content