Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Eggshells
      Participant

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has had experience of divorce settlements please? He earns almost twice as much as me and my solicitor told me that this should be taken into consideration when working out a settlement because he has a greater ability to pay a mortgage than I do. His solicitor apparently told him that our salaries were pretty comparable so it shouldn’t make much difference,

I used an online divorce calculator and it came up with a 60-40 ps
      It in my favour. Does anyone have any experience of this please?

Iwon
      Participant

Did you hear his solicitor say your salaries are same and won’t make a difference? Is your ex lying? His solicitor is saying that to make you think it’s fact. There is a standard way in law of calculating this.

It starts as 50/50 in calculation then salaries change it for example and if you have kids to bring up you get more etc etc

maddog
      Participant

It’s a total mystery to me. My ex is demanding money. I have the children pretty much full time apart from the really odd night here and there and I don’t get a penny from him. It seems as though he says Jump! and I say How high? I am not working at the moment and I really resent him for his filthy money grubbing ways especially with my recently deceased mother.

KIP.
      Participant

Don’t believe a word he says. Get a good solicitor. The law is slightly different in different countries but I can tell you my ex lied all the way through. Try to get hold of financial documents. Bank accounts. Pensions. Investments etc. He will lie cheat and hide money.

Eggshells
      Participant

Thanks all for your answers. looks like I’ll just have to wait and see what happens when we go through the porocess.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content