Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Louloubee
      Participant

He’s been a cheat from what I can gather all his life… His mum even called him a womaniser and what ever I do do not have his children….. Anyway (detail removed by moderator) years in … (detail removed by moderator) affair I took him back ..after that he was caught (detail removed by moderator). N unknown to me he was trying to get with her for months. . drinking ..lies drugs … Lies upon lies ..now I’ve ended it I’ve gone no contact (detail removed by moderator) days I felt absolutely fine, next thing bang he’s texted me! Well I’ve been all over the place since …he’s tried to accuse me of talking to men (couldn’t think of anything worse)
      Calling me crazy on every level
      Dragging me into a conversation then to just leave me with out a reply! Them i get angry. Them in upset now on all over the place.. he’s claiming he’s turned into this great person. Healthy eating . The gym …. I hate this feeling I just don’t know!!!

maddog
      Participant

He’s had a lifetime of lying and cheating. Keep records of conversations and bear in mind that you will always be in the wrong. He will project all his failings squarely onto you. The only person you can change is you. He’s not going to be different with you than he is with anyone else. No contact is ideal. If/when he makes contact with you again, really do your best to either not reply or say something like you recognise his feelings, and leave it like that.

It is good to take on the attributes of a Grey Rock. You do not respond to his babyish cries. You do not engage with him.

It’s worth getting checked out for STIs and speaking to your GP about your feelings.

You know he’s a liar.

I find it really sad that my ex is behaving in exactly the same way, doing exactly the same things with his new girlfriend as he did with me.

Abusers are like addicts, only their behaviour becomes ingrained earlier in life and they aren’t aware of it. They are entirely destructive and will leave in their wake a trail of misery and confusion.

It’s a terrible thing to realise and understand that we fell in love with someone who isn’t who they say they are or who they pretend to be. I never thought I’d be able to untie our joint lives, but life is sooo much better without my ex.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content