Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Trust your gut feeling? X

Escapee
      Participant

Hi,

I got to the stage where I didn’t trust anything; not my gut, my head, my commonsense and definitely not my heart.

I was completely incapable of knowing what was true or false; whether it was him or I really was going crazy.

Thank heavens for the professionals that helped me save myself.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Listen to what your body is telling you, particularly in the early days when you are falling in love. This can be feeling nauseous, tense in your shoulders or stomach or unable to swallow food without getting a dry mouth. I fell for a guy, whom I thought was amazing, kind and considerate, all the usual love bombing traits. But I felt sick each time we were alone together. He subsequently became more abusive and bullying. This was in a work environment and I had to report his behaviour for my own sanity.

Read the book, the body keeps the score for some more info. This book describes how our body retains trauma when we are unable to openly express our emotions.

If something doesn’t feel right, then it probably isn’t. But our brains are quite good at convincing us otherwise, which is why we often stay in these unhealthy relationships.

Reading the posts here are very useful for confirming whether or not your gut instinct is right or not. Thanks to you all for sharing some very traumatic things. Together we are stronger 🙂

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I used to always listen to my gut instinct before him. I shut her down so many times I lost count. Now she’s awake and her and I are on the same wavelength again. I’ll never not listen to my inner self again.
      IWMB 💞💞

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content