Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      AlienStalker
      Participant

I recently moved back to a small place where my ex lives and I see him more often than I would like. I still try and hide or duck out of the way whenever I see him, I hide my face. Years on I still can’t bear to see him so close. Feel silly hiding. He has been in my home as a someone who sells things but I didn’t know until my partner let him in. I ducked out of the way and got him to get my ex out of the house. Hate feeling this weak. Been needing to a vent.

Butterflyboo
      Participant

I don’t think it’s you being weak, I think it’s really normal and self-preservation. THat must have been a shock finding him in your home. I am the same – hide, avoid, anything to avoid seeing him or his flying monkeys. In some ways I hate that I can’t hold my head high as I’m not the one who did something wrong, but I guess we all do whatever we need to get through – if hiding your face works for you then don’t worry about it x

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, I’m wondering if you ever received counselling? Is seeing him triggering old memories? Making your anxiety raise? Even years later I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near my ex. It’s not that I think he would physically harm me because he’s a coward, it’s the impact on my mental health. Now he knows where you live, it’s got to be causing anxiety. I really think you should seek out some counselling. Also, tell friends and family that you’re nit interested in hearing anything about him.

AlienStalker
      Participant

My family remained friends with him. I haven’t made friends here as small places and I don’t want associated with him, so I go to work and I go home. Friends are a few hours drive away. I still get nightmares sometimes. I have anxiety through having PCOS too so it’s not helping. I tried counselling but got the same woman twice and just felt like I was wasting her time.

Thanks for responding.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content