Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Pinkypanther
      Participant

he sent me a very long email telling me how sorry he is all the things he shouldnt have done and how he wants to change but he cant change if i wont let us be together, he wants to change for us and the kids.
      I wasnt going to reply but ended up sending a short message back saying.
      There is no us so dont change for us, change for the kids and yourself, you cant change for something that isnt and wont be.

As i was reading the email i just laughed. Sorry means nothing any more I dont belive he will change and even if he did I dont ever want to be with him again. I want to stay ok with him for the sake of the kids but thats it. He keeps asking if i still love him well no I dont, he sucked the love rite out of me years ago I just wish I had realised it sooner.

I am feeling so much stronger every day. he did have me crying on a daily basis with his messages and things. I now just ignore messages if they are not important and about the children. And when i ready the nasty messages i just shake my head and smile as it makes me realise that im doing the right thing in not considering taking him back. I dont need him, infact I think he needs me more than i ever really needed him. He had me doing everything for him, I worked and paid all the bills, bought all the food, appointments with the kids i did everything the man couldnt even ring the doctors for himself.

He tells me my kids will never forgive me for breaking up with him but the fact is i would never forgive myself if the kids had to come back home to see us together and witness the mental and emotional abuse start again. they have seem more than they every should have i just didnt realise.
      He is not important to me, all the is important is my kids and getting them home to me, yes it will be hard for them without their dad at first but life will be so much better than it every was before.

KIP.
      Participant

Well done you x I’d work on zero contact now and watch out for his behaviour escalating. Don’t believe a word he says and use a third party for contact now. He will use the kids and he will try to discredit you so be careful. Post separation is a very dangerous time for women x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content