Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Woollymammal
      Participant

Hi All,

Well I always dread Christmas as he hates it and made this year even worse..Virtually no money, less than usual..
      But suddenly he has work and money.. gave me £100 to buy myself something, then gets some extra food, then pays for some clothes I went to buy out of the money he gave me.. but ends up paying for that too..
      On the other hand he also bought me 2 nights and some jeggings which was wrong size and long length..
      He said he bought me nightie as he was sick of seeing me in what is my favourite nightie but mysteriously is stretched out of shape..
      (detailed removed by moderator)
      Never has abuse been mentioned in our relationship, although when I left the 1st time, he didn’t ask why I’d left.. he just said why did I take the dogs and what is he going to do..
      Hope you all coped with Christmas..
      Hugs x*x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there Woollymammal, I wanted to offer you some support. It sounds as though you had a difficult Christmas.

The behaviour you are describing is very cruel, you should be able to wear what ever you choose without it being damaged. I can understand that his behavour would have upset you.

Do keep posting and let us know how you are doing

Best wishes

Lisa

snowbunting
      Participant

Hi Woolyama,

I have had clothing experiences – the ex would go through my wardrobe and yell at me demanding to know why I had items of clothing, although all were items he had seen before and were second hand or very old or his rare gifts would be very obviously mens style or much older women’s items clothes to me. I know its another form of control, but knowing that does not make it any easier. I was once told having a mirror in my bedroom is just vanity, even now if I wear something different from my normal jeans, sweatshirt, dirty working clothes, I feel guilty rather than empowered and my own person. Clothes are part of being your own person and a woman. I am looking forward to the time I can wear what I would like to without feeling anything other than yep this is me. xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content