Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

I honestly think that people who have not experienced domestic abuse should be removed as trainers and be replaced by women who have been through this hell.
      Only people with lived experiences know the needs of the victims.
      This realisation has never been so clear to me.
      Instead those trainers from spoiled backgrounds silence those who have lived through the hell and bully them into silence.
      There is a lot of s**t going on.
      I am a woman with an attitude.
      If anybody wants to tell me something I know is not true I challenge the person and I am merciless.
      I have to do this for all the suffering women out there.
      They can bring me before a tribunal. I really do not care.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi I completely agree with you, I would not have understood dv/abuse or even realised the serious effect it has on your emotional, mental & physical health,until experiencing it. Everyone’s experiences are different, but the end result the same, the feeling of being completely destroyed, weak, unrelieved, leaving you feeling further traumatised than you already are. I think it would also give us a purpose to keep fighting for survival so that one day we could help someone else. I have had a lot of help which I have been extremely grateful for, but also in lots of instances have been wrongly read. The hardest thing is being told you should be getting over it by now, or you keep referring to the past. Also how we are left with utter confusion, We know exactly what has happened to us personally. The aftershocks with me have been horrendous, something I did not expect at all. I also think things can easily be taken the wrong way, when extreme fear takes hold for very good reason, it’s impact is severe on us. The woman who have helped me the most are the ones on this amazing forum, The woman who are talking from experience. Like the abuse itself, all different experiences but also each one of us as women are all different people too, but the one thing that stands out to me us however different we all are, the trauma of abuse seems to affect us in eerily the same way. It is so hard to go through it, come out of it & try to recover from it. I also think it should be taught in schools, The red flags,what to look out for, what to avoid, How to put healthy boundaries in place. The other problem nowadays is that many professionals have to safeguard themselves, Have to follow strict guidelines and policies & that there have been so many cutbacks that resources are being cut xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content