Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tulip100
      Participant

I’ve been experiencing emotional abuse from my ex for the past (detail removed by moderator) He managed to make sure we continued to talk on the phone everyday, initially by making me feel guilty or by turning up if I refused. Eventually I went along with it as it was easier than dealing with the consequences if I didn’t. However he still controls my life. If I go anywhere but work there is an issue, so I usually overcome this by going out rarely. But it seems even this doesn’t stop him now, he’s constantly on at me about every little thing and I am constantly in a state of anxiety. I’m so scared of what he’ll do if I stop contact (he makes subtle threats, from what he says I assume he’ll attack my reputation and I’m in such a fragile state I don’t know how I’ll deal with it), I just don’t know where to turn. I feel like enoughs enough, I have to do something now to start piecing my life back together.

daisy6
      Participant

Such a difficult situation to be in and i understand how hard it is to take back that control. Its not an over night process this takes time. Its normal to feel the way you feel with the way he is treating you and manipulating you. Its easy for people on the outside to try and tell you to cut contact walk away its not that easy i know. My only advice is follow your gut instincts and do what is best for you, because your more important and you stay strong and you know this behaviour is manipulation, control, and emotional and mental abuse. Sweetie you deserve so much better. Hang in there x

Tulip100
      Participant

Thank you. You’re right, in the past I questioned why I couldn’t just stop it happening. But as you say it’s not as straight forward as that. Today however I feel like it has to end, that I have to do something. But I don’t know what, I don’t know where/who to turn to xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content