Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

My ex partner has been calling me a thief because he didn’t get any money from the house I sold. The house were just in my name. He’s caused me and my boys so much suffering over the years. But in a way I do feel awful because he did put money into the house aswell. Last week he were swearing and carrying on with me in text messages. Just asking for some advice really x*x

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, you were doing so well with no contact. He’s now getting back into your head and your life. It’s what abusers do. Go total no contact and report him to the police if he continues his harrassment. Don’t waste all those hard fought months just to arrive back where you started. If you’d given him money he would have spent it on his new woman. Not a second thought for his kids. You’re getting sucked back in. No contact means no mind games. He deserves nothing apart from a jail sentence.

Confused123
      Participant

HI Hun

Let me ask u if the tables were turn around would he of given u anything, is he currently giving u any manintenace, if u got the house u sold u r using the money to provide accomodation for u and your children , if he wanted to be reasonable he would speak calmly , but again they think by been rude we will say ok

Serenity
      Participant

You have to think objectively: will
      He support your kids long term? Can he be trusted to work and earn money to do this?

No, he is drinking away any money he has, and deliberately withholding support to spite you.

Just after my ex left, he came back
      on tiptoes, acting all reasonable, then he started to ask me to give him stuff from the house. Stupidly, I felt sorry for him. I gave him a new chair, a tv, bedding…

Once he had those things safely away, he turned nasty again, and then proceeded to try to ruin me.

You are thinking that he is thinking like a normal person. He isn’t. He would destroy you in a tick, to punish you, if he had that power. They always hold a grudge. It’s about protecting yourself and your boys now. That property might be your boys’ inheritance one day.

Your ex just has himself to look after. If he wants to get off his backside and work, he can.

WalkerInTheRain
      Participant

Tell him to seek legal advice if he believes he has any claim to the proceeds of the property.
      Can he prove any of his contribution?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content