Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Yellowflower
      Participant

Hi im new to this but hoping someone can give me some hope. Me and my ex partner were together for (detail removed by moderator) years and have a baby son together and I have an older daughter from a previous relationship. I fled from our home recently with my son. His now trying to claim I have anxiety problems and trying to make out I can’t look after my son. (Detail removed by moderator). I was going to go to mediation with him I still love him but I have to stop thinking he will change. He was both physically and mentally abusive. I don’t have evidence to support the physical abuse and fear if it goes to court they won’t believe me. I have a letter from women’s aid excusing me from mediation. I just feel so lost so hurt it feels like it will never end. He claimed to love me if he did why did he do that? He loves our son does that mean he will bare the brunt next time I’m not there to protect him?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I m sorry you’re going through such a hard time. You don’t need proof, you are believed. Could you speak to women’s aid about this and maybe your doctor? It’s hard to accept but he won’t change, we can’t make them change. All we can do is change ourselves, improve ourselves – not for him or any other person but for yourself. Practice looking after yourself and putting yourself first. can you speak to a solicitor about access with your child or arrange for someone else to be with your child at the same time (supervising?) I’m struggling with how could someone who claimed to love me actually do what he did, I doubt we’ll ever know.

diymum@1
      Participant

make sure your gp knows that your anxiety is the result of his abuse only that way this goes in your favour and is the truth. get a copy of when dad hurts mum its from amazon – this book contains everything you need to know about preparing in every way for court. in what to tell the kids- to dealing with professionals you need on side xx you will need a good dv solicitor wa can provide support for your child xxxx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content