Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Daisydo
      Participant

Anyone else dreading the Easter break? Four long days of being at home together? We are not talking at all, he knows I want him to leave. (Detail removed by moderator). So this weekend is going to be full of awkwardness, tip toeing around the house, trying to avoid rooms that he is in. Trying to keep it as chirpy as possible for the children. I have made a few arrangements to go out places but I just wish he was gone! If the mediation doesn’t work, then I will have to go to the courts but it all takes so long. He still really believes that he is staying put and I’m going to take him back! I don’t know how many times I have to say it to him and he knows it scares me when I say it! Why won’t he accept it is over? He must know I can’t want to be with him after some of the things he has said and done. I hate this situation.
      DD XX

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I’m practicing LOA, stands for law of attraction. It’s where you change how you think, stop negative thoughts and use positive ones instead. So instead of thinking how am I going to survive the Easter break, think I’v 4 days with my children we’re going to have some fun. Don’t just wish he was gone, think I’m happy he’s going out of my life. Instead of asking yourself what he thinks and feels, say I know this is over and I accept that. It’s not easy changing how we think but with practice we can. There’s an LOA book with 30 exercises you can download onto an e-reader. Have you heard of ‘the secret’ that Oprah Winfrey talks about. She uses it and practices LOA every day. It’s about bringing positivity into your life, if you think you’ll be rich someday, it will never happen. If you think I’m going to be rich and you visualise yourself having loads of money visualise yourself touching it, smelling it, you will have lots of money. If you want to be free of your partner, think it, visualise it happening and be thankful when it does. I’m picturing myself everyday, packing a suitcase, coming downstairs, going out my door, putting the key through the letter box and walking away.
      Take care, IWMB 💕🍀

KIP.
      Participant

In simple terms you might as well be a cardboard cutout. He cares nothing about your feelings. They and you are irrelevant. He has one goal and that’s retaining his position of power and control. He understands the relationship is over in your head but that’s not important to him and he understands that you can’t stand him. He simply doesn’t care. He won’t miss a beat. I reported my ex for rape and assault. He was arrested and now has a criminal conviction for assaulting me yet still wanted to share our ‘holiday home’. Omg. They simply live on another planet. If you want him gone you’re going to have to dig deep. Get the police/courts to remove him. You move out with the kids or I talked my ex into a ‘trial separation’. Sell it to him that you will get on much better with temporary time apart. Find him a flat to rent while pretending you’re giving him another chance. Then change the locks and get an exclsion order. It’s gloves off I’m afraid. Stay safe x

diymum@1
      Participant

yeh i agree he wont go on your terms not without an official power. these men often leave once theyve got there ducks in a row ie a new woman to sap energy from financial security they make sure theyre ok in my experience xx to the contrary its time to make sure you and the kids are going to be alright – do everything you have to do with all the support around you xx go for it as it will be the best thing youve ever done in ur life xx no abused woman ever looks back and says god i wish i had stayed longer. i know its not easy xx much love diymum xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content