Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      LambsEars
      Participant

My abusive relationship ended a couple years ago, but I still struggle with the lasting effects- it added to my depression, brought out anxiety, and vaginismus, and I can no longer bare thinking about sex, let alone act on it (which I wish I could, my current partner very understanding but I still feel guilty). In all honesty I would rather I didnt have any sexual organs, no therapy has yet to help except for the antidepressants which let me live relatively normally.

My ex keeps coming up in my dreams though. Sometimes as a threat, but sometimes just there. I find them disturbing to say the least, especially as I tend to have very immersive dreams. Why does it keep resurfacing? Its always in the back of my mind and I always feel terrible after having a dream that featured him. Does anyone have tips on how to avoid this??

Furthermore I keep having very sexual dreams (not with my ex but not always about my current partner either)and I feel dirty and peverse. How can I dream such things when in reality I would rather be like a plastic barbie doll with no sexual features?? I just feel more guilty because I cant even think about having sex in real life.

lostandbroken
      Participant

Hi Lambs

I have often dream about my ex and his new girlfriend, i dont know what this means but it really does get to me. I wake up and carry on my day as if my dream was real. I feel you on that one.

I hope your ok xx

Ayanna
      Participant

I think in your dreams you work through your trauma. Find a psychologist who can interpret dreams and help you to deal with your trauma.
      I have nightmares about him. Before he finally kills me I always wake up. In real life the police came before he could kill me off. Those dreams are so real, I always shiver and cry.
      Sometimes I also dream about the horrible rapes and the pain makes me scream the house down in the middle of the night. I feel all the pain again in my dreams.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content