• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Lisa.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Lulabell
      Participant

Hi I’m new to all of this, my spelling not great eaither I’m really not the sharpest tool in the box. Making jokes is the way I deal with everything it’s not that I find it funny but what else can I do. I’ve been married for (detail removed by Moderator) years the biggest mistake of my life on 3 occasions there has been violence mostly it’s emotional abuse I think it’s emotional abuse.

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

Hi Lulabell,

It’s good to see you posting, don’t worry about spelling, we will understand and if we don’t, we will ask what you mean 🙂

It sounds like you are having a hard time, this forum is a safe place for you to talk about it if you would like to. Abuse whether emotional or physical is horrible to endure. There are so many different types of abuse and if he has been violent with you on 3 occasions already, I wouldn’t be surprised if you are indeed also subjected to emotional abuse. No matter what type of abuse, it is never your fault.

You can also talk to Women’s Aid, they have a 24 hour hotline so when it’s most convenient for you, you can give them a call – their number is on the top of this page. They can also help you talk through the options you have, if you feel your marriage was a mistake, there are ways out of it.

KIP.
      Participant

Hello and welcome. I corrected the biggest mistake of my life and you can too x keep posting and reaching out.

Lulabell
      Participant

I have a blue box right in the middle of my screen. advertising female survivors to help to develop a new online chat. It’s got x in right hand corner which I’ve clicked on to get rid of it but it doesn’t, can anyone tell me how to get rid please. Sorry to ask, thanks

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

HI Lulabell,

The blue box is a bug, I think they are working on fixing it. I’m not quite sure if there is any work around, but you can always type up your message into a notepad / memopad on your device and then copy paste it onto here. Scrolling should help with reading our responses but yea, it is annoying so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Lulabell
      Participant

Thank you, I’m not great with technology

Lisa
        Main Moderator

Hi Lulabell,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting. I hope you find the forum a safe and supportive place with others who understand about what you are going through. It is great to see you have already had some replies.

I am very sorry about the notification box. We are working towards resolving the problem and hope to have it fixed very soon.

Best wishes,

Lisa
        Forum Moderator

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content