Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #162778

      Hi, I am in a relationship that is emotional abusing. We are not married however we have a child together. My partner has the same emotional abusing behaviour to our child as well. We can’t live a life like this anymore. I want to leave him and take the full custody of our child. How I can prove that his is abuser since emotional abuse is difficult to be proved. I contacted a lawyer but the price they asked for the first appointment was too high, I can’t afford to pay such a lot of money. Is there any other way?
      I am so desperate.

    • #162779

      bless your heart, i have been there & can understand you feeling so desperate yet thinking financially you are unable to achieve what you truly want.
      if you havent already, it would be a good start to make contact with your local domestic abuse service. you can explain your concerns about proving the abuse you have suffered & they can support you in so many other ways. they helped me to find a good solicitor who was experienced in domestic abuse, & these initial appointments can be free of charge.
      also, your local da service can support your claim for legal aid if you are entitled to this. if, like me you have a property in joint names even though unmarried – i dont know what your situation is regarding this though.
      you have done so well to post on the forum asking for help & advice – there will be so much support for you here as many will understand what you have experienced & what you are now having to deal with.
      hopefully once you start contacting the right people about your situation you will soon see a way forward x

      • #162788

        We dont have property in joined names. We are renting and the contract is under my name. If I go to my local domestic abuse services will they contact him? I don’t want him to know what I am planning before I secure that I can have the full custody of my child. My child will be under huge phychological pressure if its to stay with him even for one day with out me around.

    • #162792

      oh please contact them because it is all completely confidential & they will be such a support x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content