Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Twix
      Participant

I’ve not been on for a while due to legal proceedings (detail removed by Moderator).
      I’ve felt wiped out since it concluded, very depressed & pining the old days when we’re a happy family, but on the other hand I’m so proud of myself for not allowing myself to be treated so badly & sticking with my decision to report.

reporting is a difficult decision to reach, I know it’s not for everyone & it certainly made me doubt myself & question who I was for a huge part of the time, but I realised that I was so atune to worrying about him before myself, that I had to put mine & my child’s safety first. I had nowhere else to turn & it wasn’t going to stop, only I could do that & im glad that I did.

Regardless of what should have been a humiliating experience & an opportunity to show remorse, his behaviour has been utterly disrespectful, (detail removed by Moderator).

I felt that this would be the end, but in reality it’s not. We still live with the memories & the difficulties of navigating the co-parenting highway.

I know there will be good days & bad, but today just feels a little harder after months of what some days has felt like walking through treacle.

I wanted to thank all of the lovey ladies on here who have always provided the most reassuring, supportive advice, those who I have pm’d & those who have read but not felt able to comment, I hope reading my experience has helped to inform you of how different experiences can be & that you one day have the strength & courage to change your lives for the better.

Keep being you. Keep smiling. X*x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Twix,

Thank you for sharing this. It’s great to hear that the forum has been a useful resource for you whilst you are going through such a difficult and exhausting time.

As we know it takes a lot to report abuse, there can be so many obstacles for survivors. You’ve done incredibly well and it’s good to hear that you are beginning to recognise the strength and courage you’ve found in yourself.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Twix
      Participant

Thanks Lisa. Your support has been so valuable & im forever grateful for the safe space you provide for us to share our experiences.
      I’m feeling exhausted & at the end of it, ready to move on but still stuck on loving the person I’ve spent decades with, sobbing on the phone to his mother who in turn feels like she’s lost a daughter, it’s truly heartbreaking what we go through. The impact goes beyond the two of us & affects our wider family immeasurably. I hope that for those decades in you have the support of in laws to truly feel compassion & know what’s right, despite their ties to sons/daughters. This is a bond that’s difficult to sever, despite what your other half has done. If it’s good, the relationship will prevail & if any children are involved they’ll benefit hugely.
      True Love wins xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content