Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Neueranfang
      Participant

I left my abusive relationship of (detail removed by Moderator) years, a few months ago.It was hell being with him.He was abusive and addicted to drugs.Our children and I have never been his priority.He hasn’t accepted the break up and after trying to get me back by begging me in emails to take him back and promising to change.He then changed to threatening me and stalking me.I reported it to police and now he threatens me with suicide every night.He is basically saying goodbye to me and the children.It is so draining waking up to his goodbyes.He also told his family that he doesn’t want to live anymore.It feels like every second of every day all my mind is focused on is him.It’s never about anyone or anything else.It is always just about him.I obviously don’t want him to take his life as our kids will be devastated and his family will blame me.It’s so unfair x

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel,
      I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so drained and having to go through this.
      I think you hit the nail on the head saying about focus.
      The focus now needs to be on you and your children.
      I know this is not easy when you are getting bombarded by him, and I’m guessing you can’t cut him off completely because of the children?
      However, maybe set a small amount of time aside daily to have your focus on him, scream, shout, cry, write down all the thoughts and feelings you are having and then let it go until tomorrow.
      After that get the focus on you, make a list of how wonderful you are and what you have gratitude for in you life. Look yourself in the eye in the mirror and tell yourself … ‘I love you’ and that you will be there for you, whatever you need. Put on your favourite song and sing and dance and have fun … you are aloud to now.
      Just a small shift in energy away from him and onto you will make the world of difference.
      Also acknowledge and give yourself praise at how far you have come and how amazingly strong you are. This is a relatively new situation that you have found yourself in after (detail removed by Moderator) years so give yourself a break and be kind to yourself… I promise my darling it will get easier
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content