Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Flyflyaway
      Participant

Hi all,

I’ve made a plan to escape today whilst my partner is at work. I’m going to pack his stuff and leave it in a car boot that he has access to. And then il stay over my friends in till things die down. I’m nervous because it will mean he’s homeless, he’s from a different country so has no family here apart from two friends who live in bedsits. I feel like it’s my responsibility to make sure he’s ok being in a feign country. Or should I let him stay whilst I go to my friends and give him a week to move out? I feel weird and sad because he’s been good the last couple of days

Tiffany
      Participant

He won’t move out if you leave him in the flat. Your plan is probably best. Have you spoken to Women’s Aid?

MsTaken
      Participant

He’ll be fine in his friends bedsit. He’s not your child you don’t have any responsibility towards him. Do what you need to do xx

backtome
      Participant

I agree, you need to get him out in one swift movement – no pre-warning. I tried the pre-warning and giving notice a few times and it never worked, he never left. My final straw was to just wait until he’s out and change the locks.

I also was making him homeless (he’s not from a foreign country though) and I had huge guilt about this, but I had to put it aside and thanks to this forum and other help from Women’s Aid I came to understand that he was not my responsibility, he’s the same age as me and can’t stand on his own two feet – that’s on him and his upbringing, not me.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content