Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      dishpanhands
      Participant

We split in (removed by moderator) due to his domestic violence. He has continued to be verbally abusive, uses coercive control and is generally difficult to deal with. We have an informal access agreement. He has never paid maintenance as he chose not to and told the CMS he was self employed and not earning anything so they closed my case.

I’ve travelled abroad several times on holiday with our daughter since we split. I know I need his permission to travel abroad. I sent a courtesy email informing him of our holidays this year.

He has replied and said he is withdrawing his permission for our daughter to travel abroad and will inform the border agencies that I need to be stopped at the border if I try to travel.

I understand if I had a child arrangement order, I could travel for up to 28 days on holiday without needing his permission.

The holiday is booked for (removed by moderator), is fully paid for and is non-refundable. Will I be able to get it through courts before April so we can go on holiday?

My daughter is very excited about the trip, so as well as hurting me by stopping us going, he’s harming her too.

KIP.
      Participant

Get some free legal advice initially but it might just be worth a lawyers letter to him outlining all the facts you have written and warning him if he doesn’t give permission then you will be taking it to court for a full hearing where the court will be informed he pays nothing and is being obstructive and it’s deliberately harming his child. Not sure about the timescales for getting it through court but I know the courts are extremely busy. A lawyer can tell you this x

diymum@1
      Participant

Yes I’d say that you will I’d get going now tho because it takes 3 weeks for him to be served the court papers xx

diymum@1
      Participant

I’d say this should be given at least an interim order in roughly 6 weeks it’s better to have it set xx hope he dosent start up from there because ur taking his power away xx you can always go back to court and draw the contact in if he starts being abusive /continues as is xx

fizzylem
      Participant

I think he would need a prohibited steps order to stop you going; not sure he can inform the border agencies or if this is what the court does when an application from him is received, which they do as a precaution until the matter is resolved – you need to find out. x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content