Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Summer1
      Participant

My emotionally abusive ex sees our daughter. He is in a very new relationship and he has already started leaving daughter with his new girlfriend then lying about where she is. I am worried sick about this because I don’t know where she is but can I do anything about this. I spoke to her and she’s clearly being very manipulated to think this is okay, I don’t know how to deal with this. Any advice would be really appreciated, I am already trying to get over what has happened now I am worried about her safety. Am I being unreasonable?

KIP.
      Participant

No I don’t think you’re being unreasonable. Have you spoken to the police about doing a welfare check? If you cannot contact your child and don’t know who she’s is with then I think it’s worth exploring. What is the point in having that time with your child only to leave her with a stranger. When I got involved with my ex he did this with me and his daughter. My step daughter and we had a fantastic time together as I didn’t have kids of my own. But looking back he began dumping his responsibility on me from day one. We stayed together until she was an adult but it wouldn’t have been nice for either of us if we had broken up. Know your ex is doing this to cause a reaction from you. Maybe talk to your local women’s aid or the NSPCC have a helpline too. It must be dreadful. I remember my ex rubbing his wife’s nose in it with our new relationship. He told me his wife had kicked him out long ago and the relationship was over. Now I find it was only weeks and he took me to collect his daughter from his ex wife. It’s called triangulation. They involve a new woman to knock us off track, so we doubt ourselves, they’re hoping for drama and jealousy. I’d give him zero reaction to that but if you’re at all concerned about the welfare of your child then act upon it.

Summer1
      Participant

I feel absolutely helpless. I called them (detail removed by Moderator) and told them how I felt about it which I know was the worst thing to do but I felt so hurt by it and worried for my daughters safety. This woman does not realise what he put me through and he’s very much manipulated her by telling her negative things about me. Today is mother’s day and I feel deflated because of what happened (detail removed by Moderator). I don’t know why I always expect him to acknowledge days like this or what I do for our daughter but I need to remember he’s not a nice person and expect nothing, I’m trying to stay strong today but it’s a bad day for me

StationEleven
      Participant

Hi Summer, Happy Morther’s Day to you. Don’t wait for his acknowledgement or kind words. You are a great mother because you are doing everything you can to keep your child safe. Sending you a massive hug from someone like you, who feels lonely and hurt. I’m thinking to take my son for a walk and buy myself some flowers today! Stay up!Lots of love xx

Summer1
        Participant

Hi StationEleven,
        Happy Mother’s Day to you too! I hope you treated yourself to those flowers and took some time out for you today. You deserve it and your son sounds very lucky to have you. Sending lots of love xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content