Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Bubblegum
      Participant

I distanced by self from my Ex mother in law for past few years due narsistic behaviour .I had to do it time due to my sanity and her behaviour was effecting my kids her grandkids .She lives very near by and I’ve never stopped her from seeing her grandkids .In early days of me distancing myself from her .Her husband died when to this day she has not got over his death but same time she does not help herself plays the victim and I know she spread lies about me that I’d stopped her from seeing her grand kids which was not true .I can count on one hand really how many times she’s seen her grand kids .Last time was in the summer the Longer it’s gone on kids getting older they don’t want to know her now .Anyway recently she turned up out blue she’s been ill and had lost my number but she’s so ill she still drives pops into town etc .As for losing my number I live very nearby her .I just find her excuses pathetic she’s all for show .Her realtionship with my Ex husband her son is very poor .He only sees her when he wants something .Probably due to fact Xmas is coming she has reappeared wants to see her grand kids .Ive told her she can pop over anytime and Ive given her my number to call .When I see her the conversation between us is ok but I feel uncomfortable around her .I think has she turned up off her own back or as my ex husband sent her around to see what I’m up to ? I have no contact with my ex husband while he is with someone else and have a baby together .If I’m honest I want nothing to do with her due to her behaviour but she can’t see she’s done anything wrong .Do I just carry on as normal if she rings me arrange fir her to come to me for coffee to see her grand kids .I would not go to her house I’m not starting that up .Ir Shall I ring her ask to come to mine ? Sounds awful but she really brings me down .She even makes a fuss that I didn’t buy her Xmas present off kids last year .Normally I’m very thoughtful on special occasions but this woman has not been there for her grand kids I have no respect for her at all due to her behaviour x*x

Bubblegum
      Participant

Would appreciate advice from people who can see both sides my story xx

Dragonfly
      Participant

Hey

I wouldn’t bother with her. She’s bringing no joy to you or your children. Doesn’t appear to make any effort to see you all but wants attention now that she’s ill. Don’t beat yourself up about it. Your kids aren’t bothered about seeing her so why feel the need to keep in touch? I know she’s their grandmother but if she really wanted contact she’d make the effort.

Of course she could be checking up on you for the benefit of your ex. Who knows. If she contacts you go with your gut feeling. It might be ok to see her but if it’s not then don’t. You owe her nothing.

My son hasn’t seen his grandparents on his dad’s side for over a year. They’re more interested in their dogs! My son had to call them on HIS birthday, they talked, were pleasant but I find them very odd so now I make no effort to contact them.

You’re not keeping your kids away from her. The ball’s in her court. You don’t need to do anything.

Bubblegum
      Participant

Thank you dragon fly for your reply .What you wrote back to me are on the lines of what I was thinking .Since splitting from my Ex I’ve always gone with my gut instinct.On this occasion the woman makes me feel uncomfortable and just seems very false .She does not bring any joy into my life or her grand kids x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content