Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tobfree
      Participant

Trying to figure out abuse and the excuses they use to abuse us is doing my head in
      And when u stand up for your self he all ways trys to make out your the abusive one to him

And then plays the with holding affection and nice comments and support
      Is this just designed to brake us down

So we just sit there and do nothing when they are being abusive to us
      Fed up of stupid mind games

I have much more important stuff going on to be bothered maybe i should just not take it on board
      And ignore his games
      Which is very hard to do as they designed to hurt u make u feel bad guilty and insecure

Just got to stay pos n take one day at a time
      Surround my self with folk that love me and ignore him
      Being pathetic using anything he can to try to hurt me and force control over me

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Tobfree,

You are so right to say that the mind games can really get you down, even though you know what they are doing! I think this is one of the most common strategies that all perpetrators use to undermine and blame. You can end up thinking you are going mad and feeling so low. It sounds like you are coming up with your own answers, ignore his games and stay positive! Surround yourself with good people who respect and love you, do nice things which you enjoy, and keep reading and posting on the forum. We are all here for you.

Best Wishes

Lisa

Forum Moderator

Tobfree
      Participant

Thanks for support

Hes playing mr nice guy now and mr supportive
      Yet i know this to is an act now
      To just get what he wants and to try n have control over me
      To fool me love bomb me
      All part of trauma bonding

Im just playing along with him partly because im to exhausted to fight with him mentally or emotionally

And i am also just playing along to booster his ego and still plan my escape
      And i am trying to protect myself too

Feel really low sometimes
      N other times feel really depressed and other times i feel more me more positive and strong because i am on to him and trying to take one day at a time

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content