Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wildwoodflower
      Participant

Hi,

Due to an incident with my ex he now needs a third party to collect and return our kids. However my ex’s mum is saying she cannot do it anymore because she has a chronic health condition and has given excuses as to why her husband and other son who lives with them cannot do the runs either. She said going forward i should do the runs. I don’t think this is fair. I said no as i do not want to be near their home. Her message was extremely confrontational yet she told me she does not want an arguement and to not make it a bigger deal than it is. She implies that i overreact to everything just like her son. They even undermine the atual incident which led to him needing a third party contact. It is so frustrating. I feel like they are trying to give me orders after everything he has done.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Wildwoodflower,

I’m so sorry to hear you’re going through this, it sounds like a really upsetting and frustrating situation.

Could a contact centre be a good option for you do you think? https://naccc.org.uk/

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

KIP.
      Participant

They’re trying to push your boundaries and I’m wondering if your ex is behind this. Sadly in my experience the perpetrators family will side with him so protect yourself x start as you mean to go on x

Bananaboat
      Participant

Sounds like his mum and him are cut from the same cloth. If he wants to see his kids he needs to find a way, don’t be unreasonable unnecessarily but don’t mend over backwards for them! xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content