Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      unsinkableunicorn
      Participant

i just feel so deflated. my dad is controlling my food intake , sleep , money , life and he’s being so cruel and making me feel so much fear constantly . i’m just so worn down and so trapped. my escape is coming up so soon but the days till then the days are getting worse and worse . i feel so bad for talking about it because i don’t want to worry anyone . i just don’t understand why both of my parents seem
      to hate me so much

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there. Nobody deserves to be treated that way. It’s absolutely no reflection on you. We cannot choose our parents. I’m glad you’re escape is imminent. However please ring 999 if you feel threatened or talk to women’s aid about a refuge places in the meantime. There’s also the national domestic abuse helpline who can help. Please keep talking about it because abuse thrives on silence and keeping that kind of secret is damaging to you x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content