Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      meand4
      Participant

I haven’t been here for awhile its been almost (detail removed by moderator) since I found freedom from my ex and life has been great for me and my children I met someone we completed our little family and its been great till last week! Out of the blue my ex contacted me! Asking for us to be adults lol so he can get to know our children also to thank my new partner for looking after his kids it was so unexpected i freaked out there is a restraining order still active so I contacted the police the lady I spoke to at first didn’t want to do any thing said that I would have to contact the court I took it out in! It was only when I said that the police took out the order of potection as part of domestic violence did she send officers which made me feel like I was Being silly 😢 the officer who came was lovely copied the messages and said a warrent would be issued for his arrest they haven’t been able to find him! They have now put a wanted on there social media page with his picture. My friends are seeing this and tagging me in it! Not realising sonow every time I go on my social media there he is! His face looking at me! I’m so tired I can’t sleep and when Im Nemours I decorate lol done the kids rooms the hall the bathroom even carpeted my landing and stairs lol my partner is trying to understand but I haven’t told him every thing from the past I just wasn’t ready and the more times gone on I don’t feel the need so it’s hard to explain things with out telling him more and I don’t thin I’m ready injust can’t find the words I want my ex out of my life seems like I get close then bam he’s back am I ever going to actually be free or is it a myth

Ayanna
      Participant

Well done for getting the police involved.
      Hopefully the shock settles again.
      Can you change your phone number?
      I think you were right not telling your new partner everything.
      Some events from the past cannot be shared.
      Tell your kids to be on the watch out and immediately call the police if he should turn up.

meand4
      Participant

It wasn’t on the phone it was through social media that he contacted me I block one profile only do him to make another. I can’t really tell my children the oldest is not in double ditgets ( so it doesn’t st removed by moderater) and my youngest with him is only just put of nappies they would not understand my youngest was only born when I got out and has no idea that my partner osnt her biological dad I just don’t understand after all this time its like he wants me to know that no matter what he’s still about and I can’t escape him i have spent a long time rebuilding our life’s and right it feels like it was for nothing

KIP.
      Participant

Hey meand4. I remember you. Glad to hear things are going well for you. Do not allow his behaviour to derail you. That’s exactly what he wants. You have all the power now. Well done for contacting the police and do not let anyone make you feel silly. A lot of police officers I’ve encountered have shown a shocking lack of understanding. But you understand and you handled the situation. Well done you. I came off social media and never went back on. Best decision I ever made. I would come off all together meantime. Just let your friends know to email you with anything relevant. I say this not only for,your safety but to prevent more triggers. Stay safe. Don’t let him upset you, that’s his game x

meand4
      Participant

Update* the police rang he has been arrested but he’s denying it was him saying his friend went on his profile and did it lol they said they may have to let him go while they do enquiries and even if he is charged its unlikely that it will come to much WHAT! staring to.wonder why I bothered the police officer said that he seems very scared about the prospect of goingback to jail but it seems unlikly well while writing this they ranf again they are keeping him in tonight while doing enquiries and will ring tomorrow and that I should get some rest lol nice one arrhhh they say ring them when the ex breaks the order I do and nothing seems to happen!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content