Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

Yesterday I were on top of the world felt positive my son were discharged from counselling and occupational therapy. But today I’m so low depressed to he’ll thinking of good times wishing things were different been out over (removed by moderator) were in it nearly 2 decades in the early days were strangled head banged of wall bruised eyes he poured cereals over my sons head years ago when he were 5. And he’s the nerve to tell me he’s changed loads over years….x

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Better Days,

You will have days when you feel low, when you get flashbacks that hit you like a ton of bricks.

I recall my ex loudly telling friends at a BBQ that he could ‘dance on ( my son’s ) grave’ when he was about 5 years old, because he was being a bit noisy.

These things haunt us, but as another lady on this forum told me, another day you will feel strong enough to laugh at his ridiculousness.

I think we go through the whole range of emotions from day to day, week to week, as we slowly heal and recover.

I rang the Samaritans last night, as I felt quite low, and a lovely man was on the other end of the phone. He told me not everyone is like my ex, that there are good people out there.

I think we sacrificed so much of our precious life on men who didn’t deserve our love. We settled for second best.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content