Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Cherry
      Participant

I was in a mentally abusive relationship for almost(detail removed by moderator). I finally managed to leave almost (detail removed by moderator).
      I’ve lost contact with my friends as I hardly saw them when we were together. I have also moved away with my children so he doesn’t know where we are.
      We’ve been staying with my parents until I can find a house here, they don’t know why we broke up and the reasons why I needed to move away.
      The only person that Kept in contact with me and knew everything died (detail removed by moderator).
      I now feel like I don’t have anyone to talk to. I’ve become withdrawn at work, recently started a new job so don’t really know anyone. I feel like my colleagues avoid me because they don’t know how im feeling and probably come across as miserable.

I find it so hard to open up to people and make friends now. I feel so alone. I’m waiting for counselling – i dont know if that will help. I just want to feel happy again.

Put the kettle on
      Participant

Hi cherry,
      Sorry to hear you’re feeling so alone. Abusive people isolate us so we don’t have many/any friends or family to contact or go to and do we become dependent on them and don’t leave. So well done on leaving and getting your kids out.
      Do you feel you could contact your old friends now and see how things go? They may be happy to hear from you.
      Do you feel you can tell your parents about the abuse so they can support you too? You don’t need to go into details if you’re not ready.
      It is hard to make new connections and the restrictions at the moment don’t help. Take things at your pace. I’ve been out a while and I have massive trust issues now so I don’t open up much to people.
      I think it’s great you’ve got counseling arranged. Do you do anything else for self care/ you time? Looking after yourself is so important

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content