Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Autumnique
      Participant

So it’s my Birthday (detail removed by Moderator). Got home from work (detail removed by Moderator) to find some post through my letter box.. A birthday card off my ex and a long letter declaring his undying love for me but also with a few digs in at how he’s been sleeping rough since I left him and its made him ill etc. Other stuff like wheni took the dogs out on my own it was cos he was concerned for my safety even tho it’s in a public face… He accused me at the time of going on my own to meet another man! Incidentally I have seen (detail removed by Moderator) of these kind of letters written to exs who also left him cos of his ways. Just feeling annoyed as New year and thought he had got the message now but obviously not. Just want to be able to live my life without the risk of bumping into him. Thanks for listening xx

Flowerchild
      Participant

He’s got the message alright, Autumnique – never doubt it! So have you, for that matter, or you’d be racked by the guilt he’s packaged up for you in that pathetic letter.

It’s his last-ditch attempt to hook you back in and get ‘normal service’s resumed, but look, it hasn’t worked. I suspect he knew it wouldn’t. After all, he’s written letters like that before, you tell us, and they didn,’t work.

He’s a bit slow to learn, isn’t he? If the same thing keeps happening with different partners, you’d think he’d twig that the common factor is him and his attitudes and behaviour!

You’ve learned to ignore it, though, so you’re way smarter than he is – but we knew that already, didn’t we?

Well done for just feeling annoyed, darling. Annoyed is nothing, it’s like the gas bill going up a few quid: he wanted you broken but you’re just annoyed. He’ll have to carry right on getting over it, won’t he?

Happy New Year!

Flower x

Autumnique
      Participant

Thanks for your reply flower x
      I had a diary appointment with the police recently they said they needed to speak to me as from things I had told them they were concernrd for my safety. Yet the policeman I saw kept asking me why I was actually there,! The fact my ex has been deceiving women for many years pretending to be (detail removed by Moderator) with fake Id to go with it is irrelevant.. The policeman said well most men are liars….. He had sympathy over (detail removed by Moderator) ago as he told everyone his mom had died I found out a few weeks ago his mom is very much alive.all so annoying! Xc

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Autumnique, many many happy returns 🤗🍰🥂
      I’d burn his letter. That’s what we did in the old days with letters that held bad energy. you’ve written such a strong positive post, you see him for what he is.🐟
      Have a lovely day, here’s to the future. 💜
      IWMB 💕💕

Autumnique
      Participant

Thanks IWMb love these positive replies they’re a great support xx

diymum@1
      Participant

Happy birthday and happy new year! I wouldn’t even read it, I’d put it in the bin, discard it literally from your brain. I found an article yesterday about the attitudes of police and all the other sectors that come into play with regards to DV. It seems still to this day old attitudes remain from way back as 200 years! Even Darwin and Aristotle were totally patriarchal. It was saying that DV is societal. How do we break these views? I know we’ve come to not tolerate racism and that took a very long time. I hope DV isn’t minimised by the very people were rely on. Women have been seen as mens property and there subordinates for so long, I’m not sure this will ever change.xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

We keep fighting DIY, til women all over the world unite. That reminds me of a spice girls song.😀
      IWMB 💕💕

diymum@1
      Participant

Yeh exactly look at how many women there are in the world. I think it would take a complete uprising to be honest. The women of Athens were equals I wonder what they did? Yeh mayb we could go on top if the pops 😀just kidding xx 💕 Lots of luv diy xx☺

Halfwayout
      Participant

Have a good one Autumnique,
      I always think they get a bit maudlin at New Year’s, I had the “love bombing” message from my OH last New Year’s, if he wasn’t blocked I would be expecting something this year.
      Your OH is really feeling sorry for himself and has twisted everything to gaslight you, obviously no one is feeding his ego. It does worry me that in the future, if there’s no one available for their ego fix will he try to get it from me?
      Here’s hoping we all on here have a peaceful 2019 🤞💕

Autumnique
      Participant

Thank you Halfwayout A big Happy New year and peace and happiness to all of us hopefully xx

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content