Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Freckled angel
      Participant

Hi this is my first time posting….

I left a physically abusive (detail removed by moderator) ago and almost immediately found myself in a mentally abusive relationship which lasted (detail removed by moderator)…

I’ve been away (detail removed by moderator) and I have just failed and am now watching my life fall apart with no way of stopping it, my last ex isnt aware of exactly where I am bit the area and is aware of the mess I’ve made of everything and is pressuring me to go back and I’m honestly not sure how much longer i can keep struggling on on my own

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi there, you’re not alone. Please reach out to Women’s Aid directly as they will be able to offer you advice and support.

I left and went back several times. It would be good for a bit but then it went straight back to the abuse. Every time I went back the ‘good times’ lasted less and less time and the abuse worsened.

It’s fantastic to hear your abuser does not know where you are, it’s best if it’s kept that way.

I’m wondering if you ever did any counselling or therapy or educated yourself in the dynamics of abuse? If not, now would be the prime opportunity to do so or do some more. I’ve found that this is the path which has stopped me from going back to my abuser and also prevented me from going into another abusive relationship with another abuser.

What do you know or understand about abuse?

Keep posting x

Watersprite
      Participant

It’s hard you kind of get used to the familiarity of abuse – it becomes normal and we minimise it. But abuse physical or mental holds you caged. Early freedom is awful read up about trauma bonding but go no contact give yourself time and breathing space your wings will heal and you will amaze yourself. You deserve this x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content