Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Freedom @
      Participant

I can’t get around phonecall with my mother this evening. She wants my ex to come for dinner tomorrow as he’s on his own for Xmas day (eventhough he has a new girlfriend which she knows about). I feel so betrayed. I don’t know what to make of it all. I keep telling myself she doesn’t understand the dynamics of domestic abuse ( only emotional in my case). I feel more betrayed this evening than i ever have of his antics. I feel like cutting ties altogether. Sorry for rant. I feel like I’m living such a false life.

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi Freedom,

Yes, I get you, this is an awful situation for you and very unfair and unsupportive of your mother to put his feelings before yours. Is it possible she is doing this in the hope of the two of you getting back together?!

I’m really not sure what I would do in this situation as I’m lucky I’ve not had to make that decision. Is there a friend who would be able to have you over on Christmas Day instead and make the dinner go further to create one more meal? Would you be happy to spend the day on your own? I do think you need to make your situation very clear to your family about how this affects you and they need to reconsider who their loyalties lie with. Please don’t feel that you have to go in order to keep the peace with anyone. You are allowed choices and you no longer have to do anything to please someone else, that’s probably one of the reasons you left your abuser – so that that you are free to have choices and free to be ‘you’.

Whatever you decide to do I hope you have a peaceful day

xx

Freedom @
      Participant

Thank you for responding @wantstohelp. It means a lot. I would love to spend Xmas alone but ex is in our shared home and nowhere else to go. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. Will have to go but this is the final straw for me with family. Thanks again and happy Xmas. X

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

EXIT SITE

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content