Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Janedoeissad
      Participant

This last couple of days its been like a cloud has lifted and I feel so much less anxious and stressed.

All the same problems are there and nothing has changed but I just feel better. Its like the last of the fog has lifted.

Long may this last. I feel free finally. I’m looking forward not back, I’m planning MY future the way I want it. And that feels pretty good.

I genuinely do not miss him. I got an email the other day and just got irritated. So I ignored it. Him just emailing gives me the change to have that choice.

So for all those still stuck. Know that your current situation is not your final destination.

Big Hugs J xx

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Hi Janedoeissad,
      Brilliant to hear you’re finally getting there and feeling so good! Just what I needed to hear. I’m about to start divorce process and afraid of what lengths he’s going to go to trying to stop me. I’m going to hold on to your words when I’m having a wobble
      This won’t last forever and I will eventually feel free and happy! Thanks. Enjoy your newly found freedom
      Girl Power 😁

Anabela
      Participant

Hello Janedoeissad. Happy to read your post ☺☺☺ my moods still fluctuates so any positive post ia very useful!! X*x

Thank you so much for posting this.
      Here, I got sucked back in to old stuff last week – as I could not avoid dealing with extended family – but in a way maybe it was also because I was strong enough to face it.
      Freedom fighter
      If you want to start a separate thread about your divorce – I would be quite happy to try to support you in that – I went through one – it is (detail removed by Moderator) years ago now – but I can say I am happily divorced and single now.
      All best

Janedoeissad
      Participant

Thanks for the messages ladies, I thought this feeling might pass and the old stressed feelings would return but they haven’t so far.

I haven’t been away from him long but I already struggle to remember what it felt like being stuck in that house with him. I was reading back through old text messages the other day. I had been texting a friend every time he kicked off. God things were terrible. I feel sad when I read comments from me about how low I felt.

Onwards and upwards. I am glad I didn’t get to see half a decade with that horrible man…I nearly did.

Big hugs ladies, your current situation is definitely not your final destination.

J xx

starryeyed
        Participant

‘Your current situation is definitely not your final destination’ – thanks JaneDoe for that, it is what I needed to hear 🙂 <3

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content