Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

When my partner is huffing and puffing he makes me feel anxious is this type of thing abuse ? because he nows it stress me out . There are reasons that I now why his doing this when he gets angry when he wants attention sometimes he gets angry with him self so he goes around huffing and puffing does anyone understand this because it gets me down when he does this? Huffing and puffing must Be a sign of something sometimes I feel pressurised to do things I dont want to do and I feel if I dont do it his going to get angry and he ends up huffing and puffing sometimes his doing this when I am trying to go to sleep keeping me awake being selfish.he huffing and puffing quite loud when I am trying to go to sleep he does this sometimes I just want to try and understand it ?

KIP.
      Participant

It’s intimidating behaviour and he does it simply to manipulate you. The fact you’ve told him how you feel and he ignored you and made you feel invalidated is very destructive to our mental health. This behaviour is just a part of the abuse and there’s absolutely nothing you can do to change it because he simply moved the goal post. He chooses to abuse you because he enjoys it x

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello Kip

Thank you for explaining to me sometimes I doubt
      My self if I was right that it is abusive that is very sad that he even does this to me . I get to the point that he makes me feel exhausted from being abusive controling and doing many other things which ain’t right then I get days where his quite and then being nice then going back to be
      Abusive his behaviour can be really horrible to the point he puts me on the edge of a brake down its horrible.i worry about my heart because I got pulplations all the time because I worry about different things . You are right hun he choice to abuse me which makes me feel sick

Catjam
      Participant

Hi, mine does this, he doesn’t always need to say anything but I fret and worry what is going on. He also has a knack of keeping me awake and when I complain the next day he claims he has no idea what I am talking about.
      The palpitations could be a panic attack, mine have become worse especially as it gets closer to leaving. Someone advised me to count all the blue things in the room or even eat an apple. It does work to calm me so it might be worth a try.

Rosemary
      Participant

Hi Catjam

Thank you for your advice I really appreciate it
      And I will try and do that . I suffer from panic attacks but I did not now the pulplations were also feeling thoes is haveing a panick attacks its
      So horrible I feel like I am dieing and my heart miss a beat I get them often as I worry as well feeling the un expected of what is going to happen next when my partner is abusive also he is finatural abusive as well gets us in to det he has debts debts. Bill’s give me anxiety because of my
      Partner because his always makeing us struggle
      It’s not right .

So sorry your going thought the same thing as me
      It’s not nice it’s also haveing the gut feeling knowing what my partner is like .

I hope you can get some support with your panick attacks its fear because thinking what will happen
      But sure you will get the surport you need
      Thank you for careing I appreciate it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content