Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Letsgetout
      Participant

Happy new year all.
      I have left my abuses I told him via text and left about (detail removed by Moderator) ago. I text him (detail removed by Moderator) then turned my phone off. When I turned it back on i had loads of messages saying please don’t go, he loves me etc etc.
      I’m so confused feel bad and guilly for not replying lost and sick. My kids are so happy. I so badly want to contact him.
      When I think being told whathat to do all the time is not normal who to see where I can and can’t go. For some sick reason I miss him and want him so badly. I think of him meeting somebody else. I’m hurting so bad but for what I do not know. X*x three kisses ha ha.

KIP.
      Participant

You’re probably missing the fake him. The fake him that pretended to be nice to keep you hooked in. The real him is a nasty self serving individual. Leaving an abuser is like breaking a drug habit. Absolutely zero contact and time are the best way to deal with him. Any contact brings confusion and manipulation. Have a look at the book Living with the Dominator by Pat Craven. Educate yourself on abuser tactics and how to recover. Concentrate on you and your children. Abuse always gets worse and these men often involve another woman just to try to make us jealous and allow them back into our lives. Stay strong, it gets much easier with zero contact. Delete his contact information so you are not tempted to break the zero contact rule.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there and well done for leaving and going no contact. Yes its trauma bonding, you miss the nice him. Absolute Jekyll and Hyde character. As KIP suggests try looking up living with a denominator. Power and Control is also anither one to read. I’ve been looking for nearly 2 years now for answers as to why my oh treats me so badly yet can be so nice at other times. Cycle of abuse is very real. I’ve been with my husband for over (detail removed by Moderator), it never occurred to me I was being abused, just thought if I loved him enough, stopped doing things that annoyed him, he’d be happier and lije he was in the beginning. It doesn’t matter what we do our say, there’s always yet another reason in his head for losing his temper, giving you the silent treatment or worse.
      Take heart, take strength from us, read our posts and keep writing your own. You’ll find the strength to stay away. Your children are that strength, do it for them at first, you’ll learn in time that you’re worth so much more than he can ever give you.

IWMB đź’•đź’•

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content