Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Greyskydarkdays
      Participant

Hi all I’ve been out of my relationship for (detail removed by Moderator) years , but doesn’t seem to be getting any easier, dad still sees children (detail removed by Moderator), and seems he has a lot to say to them, last time my daughter was there he said some horrible things about his other daughter that refuses to see him, now that daughter is also refusing to go, my youngest child still is in contact, but as he’s only little he doesn’t say anything much about his time at dads, he come home (detail removed by Moderator) and I was explaining to his that his charger was upstairs on the tv unit , it was loud there was 4 others in the kitchen, so I didn’t shout but spoke loud enough over the noise, he crouched on to the chair and said stop shouting please covering his ears, it took me about 5 minutes to get him to come and sit with me, I explained to him and apologised and said I’d try to remember to talk more quiet , he said thank you I love you I’m sorry, I told him no need to be sorry as he done nothing wrong, we hugged it out and he went to play,later that night in bed we sat talking in the dark he was saying that if I was going to marry my new partner then I shouldn’t as dad won’t be happy, and he said I love dad more than new partner, I said of course he’s your dad and no one is taking his place in your life new partner is just an extra person in our life, he says Yh but he can’t be my dad if you get married, and I know these thing may seem insignificant to some but this is what he has done for years, he’s told the children I was cheating on him with new partner, he’s missed his daughter (detail removed by Moderator) birthday because he wasn’t ready to meet new partner as wasn’t sure what his actions may be, yet he has had other girls, just that it’s not worked out for him, my middle daughter is showing signs of anger and sadness she seems very down, my older daughter is much happier but still so anxious if dad pulls up to collect youngest they run upstairs, as they don’t want to see him, my youngest is very angry very aggressive but very withdrawn, I gave up my counselling with womens aid , stupid I know, but I just wasn’t managing it all, and I’m so scared of any repercussions from dad if he finds out anything, I’m so depressed and down and confused, trying to help my kids threw something that I can’t even help myself threw, my youngest has said that he wants to kill himself I have brought it up with the school and they are putting something in place, but how on earth do you get threw all this as I’ve no clue and feel like I’m not getting any support just being passed from one person to another, I no I’m not in that relationship anymore but it doesn’t mean it over 😢

Hopefulgreyrock
      Participant

Wow. That is a lot! I have no idea what you are going through as I don’t have children but just know i am thinking of you and have deep empathy for you. It sounds like you are dealing with it in the only way one can and Im not sure you can do anymore. I’m so sorry you’re having to go through this.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content