Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      LizSKY
      Participant

I’ve had a number of calls and messages left from my exs family saying that hes been in hospital and he is not doing very well. So far I’ve ignored most but I can’t help feeling guilty.

I thought about going to visit him today, I don’t really know why they feel the need to call me after they know what happened. I don’t know what to do for the best because I’m trying so hard not to let him creep back in.
      Xx

Ubichu
      Participant

Hey, I know about the guilty thing.

Know this:
      You have the guilty feeling because you are a good person.
      He is not your problem.
      Did he feel truly guilty for what he put you through?

Every time you feel guilty, write down or revisit one thing he did and how it made you feel. I have a note pad for this. It works for me. (Just an idea). xx

STAY STRONG HONEY

KIP.
      Participant

You have nothing to feel guilty about. He is not your responsibility. Block his family as they will drag you backwards. You cannot heal when you’re being manipulated. You would be opening a wound that’s trying to close. This will set your recover back which is not good. Would you go and visit any of your other exes if they were sick? I doubt it very much. Time to move on. He had his chance to be in your life and he repaid that with abuse.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content