Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sparkle1
      Participant

I’ve woke up this morning it’s been (detail removed by Moderator) weeks since I got him out and I feel heavy hearted and sad I blocked all contact when he left and felt focused but feel like it’s hit me like a ton of bricks today 🙁 he was never physically abusive it was all emotional and I find myself doubting myself again ! Im not going to act on it and I keep re-reading my bad list just feel confused why I can’t get the nice parts out of my head hate feeling like this x

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Hiya Sparkle – how you doing now – thought I’d message you seeing as you have had no other replies – its very quiet on here – where is everybody!!!!

It’s early days for you still – and you bound to have a ‘wobble’ – but you know deep down you are better off without him – you know you can’t go back to living the way you did – think of all the things you can do now that you couldnt do before – think of all the things you had to do when you lived with him – things you no longer are made to do…you know its for the best……

Keep on with the no contact – you know its what you have to do to get you through this…..you’re doing great – keep it up!!!! 🙂

Savingmyself
      Participant

Hi Sparkle
      Be kind to your self it’s very early days and it takes a good while to come to terms with what you have been through
      Abuse is abuse in what ever form and going back to an abuser will never work out they don’t change and it damages us more
      We can get our chance to be with someone who is not abusive
      Who ever they get to be with they will abuse them
      Big hugs xx

Sparkle1
      Participant

Thank you for your replies I feel so emotional, I know it was such an unhealthy relationship that would never work I just worry that I will ever find someone that will be nice I really wanted to be settled in my relationship and I feel sad and angry that despite doing all I could it went so wrong its scary being single again going out feels so unnatural at the moment I really want to feel happy and to not worry and overthink everything x

Savingmyself
      Participant

Hey sparkle
      I feel exactly like you described but we just need to take one day at a time
      We will recover and meet someone when the time is right
      We need to give our self space to heal before we get in to a new relationship anyway so we can be in a good place
      Big hugs xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content