Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

I am feeling anxious because I will see my counsellor very soon . I have to talk out and tell her about the problems I am faceing at home with my partner I feel emotional to talk about it then I feel anxious to think what will happen on top of
      That my partner makes me feel anxious even if his haveing a sort of good day I still feel on egg shells because I now that he can be abusive and I don’t no what my day will be like from day to day .

Pulplations in my heart are geting to much for me
      Thinking negative thoughts about my partner because I’ve had more days of him being abusive
      And huffing and puffing most days . My partner being abusive been going on for years I feel sick I. Its horrible when things play on my mind I wish my mind would relax .

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

Make sure you explain all thus to your counsellor. Hope it went well for you today

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello bettertimeshead
      Thank you for careing I did not see her today
      I am seeing her tomorrow. I will tell her how I feel the way I feel with pulplations all the time scares me.

gettingtired
      Participant

Hello Rosemary,
      I’m sorry you are struggling. I understand how you feel. My anxiety is getting worse lately and my breath becomes shallow and chest feels tight.
      Have you managed to speak to a domestic abuse service at all?
      I have spoken to Supportline recently over email who were very helpful but I’m still struggling with the emotional side of things as my partner is very erratic going from abusive to normal/nice again.
      I’m thinking about speaking to my GP about medication to help anxiety but I’m not sure yet.
      I hope you can feel a bit better tomorrow after speaking to your counsellor. X*x

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello gettingtired

Thank you for careing bless you my partner is the
      Same one day his abusive then he can be nice then geting angry. I understand how you feel it’s not a nice feeling when haveing mixed things going on with your partner .I am on depressed tablets I would advice that you try them start will a low does of 10mg see how you go they will deffainaly help you . I got to have a higher does as I feel the ones I am takeing are not doing much now .depression tablets help you relax and control your emotions from feeling depressed . I hope I have help you .

I have not managed to talk to domestic abuse help line but I did talk to women aid In the week
      They advise me and give me support they told me
      To contact them if I ever need to talk out again
      They said I am not alone .

Thank you for your support it means alot to me.

gettingtired
        Participant

Thank you Rosemary đź’— I’m glad you’ve reached out for some support xx

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello gettingtired

Thank you for careing bless you x*x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content