Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I feel like I have really let my lo down. She took our first move quite well, but things happened and we have to run again. I feel so bad that I took her away from two homes (admittedly one was a refuge) and two lots of friends.
      I’m afraid to go back to where we came from to see her old friends, but know that she would love to.

Starmoon
      Participant

You are keeping her safe- that’s what matters most. Children are resilient and make friends much easier than us adults because they don’t have the hang ups. And the younger she is, the easier she will adapt. Just remember you’re doing it for the rite reasons x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you Starmoon. I’m glad that my lo has been able to make new friends, its just really hard knowing that she misses a past that I can’t give back to her. I know that when she saw her dad, he used to promise her that she could have everything back if she lived with him. When he moved to follow us, I think it really hurt her to realise that she actually couldn’t go back to her old home.

Confused123
      Participant

KIds adapt so much better then us hun, we feel it more for them, remember u r doing this to protect her

Suntree
      Participant

I am going through the guilty feeling at the moment too.
      But from the way things were to the way they are now it is a huge leap for the better.
      Everyone misses things about their past, good or bad that is natural.
      Keeping your lo safe and giving them a place to grow without harm is what counts.
      And lots of hugs and cuddles from Mum

Confused123
      Participant

Hun dont feel guilty,u r doing your child biggest benefit ever by walking away from your abuser, i left (detail removed by moderator) years later and my son throws in my face why didnt i walk out b4 as his head is messed up, he wont take no support , this is where abuse cycle has to stop ,w e have to encourage ladies to walk away faster, what better ask yourself a family unit together where abuse take places or a broken unit but no violence. U think abuse doesnt impact kids it does and this cycle contiinues unless we stand up to it.u have nothing to feel guilty about, he does though cause he put u and your kids in this scenario its him that needs to feel bad, we r just kind people who wanted a lovin partner

Confused123
      Participant

talk to a counsellor she/he will get u to understand your feelings better, shw will help u break this guilt cyycle

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you. I’m busy waiting for counselling to start at the moment.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content