Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ConfusedAgain
      Participant

I moved back into the house and i’ve been pretty strong up untill now. First of all he wants to make us homeless calls me a monster and a horrible woman , as if i have done something absolutely awful.

Tonight i dont know where he is i think he is seeing other women and it hurts so much because i would never do that to anyone , i cant stop crying

ConfusedAgain
      Participant

and we have such a beautiful child

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi ConfusedAgain,

Sending you a big hug, sorry you are feeling so low tonight and how he is treating you, I’m pretty sure my ex was a cheat and it hurt more than anything I’ve ever felt before so I know the feeling. If he’s out you could use it as a chance to get some peace, are you still in a relationship with him or planning to leave? I highly recommend the Samaritans for a good old chat and a cry, they have helped me loads this year. xx

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there, hope you are feeling better this morning. Recovery is a real roller coaster. No contact is how you speed up the recovery process. Seems typical of abusers that they cheat. Mine did too and rubbed my nose in it. Actually started another relationship and put it on Facebook while we were together. It was just another form of abuse and it helps to look at it that way. I’m x years out now and I can tell you that his cheating was the best thing he ever did to me. It gave me that final push I needed to get rid of him. Although it took the help of the police (detail removed by Moderator) to do that. I used to,try to work out why he couldn’t appreciate me and our son but the truth is they are nasty selfish self centred individuals who lack any empathy. Concentrate on yourself. Time and no contact are the best things you use for rccovery and take all the help you can. The helpline on here is a good place to go when you need to talk. Hang in there. I promise you will recover from this and find a good happy abuse free life x

ConfusedAgain
      Participant

He wanted to take our son to see his family abroad and I said no , im wondering if that thats why he stayed out all night to punish me.

This is my 2nd abusive relationship

KIP.
      Participant

It’s not punishment it abuse. And he doesn’t need an excuse to abuse you. These men thrive off seeing us upset and he will keep going until he abuses you enough to satisfy his needs. Doesn’t matter what you do. He will always abuse you. That’s just who he is x

ConfusedAgain
      Participant

Your right, doo courts see it that way too.?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content