Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

Hello everyone sorry I’ve not been on survivors form my life is stressful sense I ran away from domestic abuse. I dont have my own house yet I still live in a homeless centre. I can’t sleep properly Jue to people up above makeing noises even thoe thease people have been told they dont listen I feel more depressed being here I am bidding for house but I ain’t geting anywhere my children are struggling with anxiety and depression they have not settle down . Does anyone know who could help get me and my children a house because I really need one I cant carry on the way with live its makes all our mental health worse I would love to have My own home. Also if I found a private house who can pay for the deposit? Any help would be appreciated

Grey Rock
      Participant

Hi Rosemary. I’m sorry that this phase seems to be dragging on. Hopefully they’ve got you on Band A so you’re high on the priority list, especially as you have children. If they haven’t put you on Band A due to domestic abuse please do contact women’s aid and get them to help support your application. I know it can be depressing and feel hopeless playing this waiting game, but it is worth it to get secure housing. While you’re in a hostel situation this will raise your priority status so you are best to wait it out if you can. Once you get shortlisted things will move fast.

You’re in my prayers.

GR

Rosemary
      Participant

Thank you so much Grey Rock for your advice I am in Band B I was told that this is the highest one I can go in I cant go in band A I will phone women aid and ask them if they can help surport me so I can be in Band A .thank you for careing bless you

Hazlenut
      Participant

Hey, the police wrote a letter for me to support my housing applications & that meant I was Band A. Sounds like things are really tough, hang in there, it will get better.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Rosemary,

Sorry to hear of the distress your experiencing living where you are with your children and waiting for permanent housing.
      Like others have suggested, your local domestic abuse service should be able to advocate to housing on your behalf to help make you more of a priority need. Find your local service here. You mentioned you are staying in a homeless centre at the moment. This may be different than a women’s refuge. So another option to explore may be going into a refuge with your child until your permanent housing comes through. This is a safe space for women and children who have fled domestic abuse. You will have a worker who can support you emotionally and practically as you stay there as well. While you are in a refuge, the worker will help you apply for permanent housing. Find information on what a refuge is and how to stay in one here.
      Also, you could contact Shelter line to discuss your housing rights. Shelter line offer free and confidential housing information, support and legal advice on all housing and homelessness issues: https://england.shelter.org.uk They have a live chat service, and an emergency helpline available on 0808 800 44 44 (8am-8pm weekdays, 9am-5pm weekends).
      I hope this is helpful.
      Take care,

Lisa

Rosemary
      Participant

Good morning hazel

Thank you for careing I’ve asked the police months ago about a letter I am still waiting I will contact them again to see if they can help me . I am really tired and exhausted how I live I cant even get a proper sleep .

Rosemary
      Participant

Thank you lisa for careing I really appreciate it so much I could not go in refudge because one of my children is above the age pluse he is a boy woman aid had to send me to a homeless centre I have surport worker here to but with my houseing needs they dont really do much for me . Thank you for all the information lisa I really appreciate it so much

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content